Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Splitcoast Tutorial - Pointillism

This week's tutorial over on Splitcoast is brought to us by Allison Cope  - she's teaching us how to use Pointillism to color in images with markers! This technique will work with alcohol or water-based markers, and it's a lot of fun. I got to make the video and these samples to share!


 Both Ally and I used the same image for the tutorial, a digital stamp from Power Poppy. We sized it up to fill a full sheet of cardstock, and I cut it in half to make 2 cards.


On the first sample, I followed Ally's instructions to use tiny, uniform dots with a fine tipped marker.


On the second sample, I used brush markers, to show some of my lazy time-saving tips for filling in larger areas. Instead of starting with a base of dots in the lightest color, I filled the area completely, then used varying pressure to create dots of different sizes. I used larger dots in darker areas.


These are the Touch Twin Markers I used on both cards:


Hope you'll try this out!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: