This week's Mix-Ability challenge is to incorporate graph paper into our projects! It was nice to finally finish up my class kits, and have some time to play.
I started with a gel print from my file, and randomly brushed on some gel medium. I stuck graph paper onto the print and burnished until the medium began to dry, then pulled the paper away. Some of it stuck, including the graph design. Not sure if that's a true 'transfer', but it worked! I did the same technique with a small scrap of reddish paper in the lower left corner.
I stamped the poppy (Unity Stamp Co.) onto graph paper, then pulled out Prismacolor Pencils... I worked from dark to light, beginning in the areas that I would have shaded first if coloring the poppy traditionally. To complete the poppy shape, I scribbled in a stem and leaf with a ballpoint pen.
If you haven't played along with the challenge yet, I hope you will! If you don't have graph paper handy, there's a download you can use - no excuses!
Hope you have a wonderful week!