Thursday, March 06, 2014

Impression Obsession DT Challenge: In my Garden

 The Impression Obsession team's challenge today is to create a project inspired by a garden setting.


I've had several requests for a tutorial on how to assemble the Orchid die, which I designed for our last CHA release - here's how the assembled orchid should look, and you'll find video instructions below. By the way, that pink orchid is blooming in my garden right now!


I used a yellow BlowPen to add color to my flower centers (one of the new marker spritzer tools or spray inks would work just the same), and some shimmer spray to the flowers and my card. Of course, the orchids could be made using colored cardstock, or you could color the pieces before assembly. Next time I think I'll try using watercolor paper, and watercoloring the petals first.


One more tip - I used one of the new border dies (Fancy Cutout Border) with my embossing plates to add texture to my background without cutting through the paper. The flourishes were cut using the Heart Flourish die.


Be sure to check out these other designers' blogs for inspiration -

Anna @ Sassy & Sweet Notes
Daniela @ For the First Time
Dina @ Mama Dini's Stamperia ---- you're here
Ellen @ The Serendipitous Stamper
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio

Remember you can enter these challenges too, using your Impression Obsession stamps! See the I.O. blog for all the details - you might even win a $25 gift certificate!! We'd love to have you join us.
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Dina...how lovely this is. I don't have time to watch the video right now, but I will be back. Thanks, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower Dina. Great tutorial am glad to see you made one so we can see how to assemble this flower, I for one didnt know. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen L. said...
    I think I forgot to add my name to my comment about the wonderful video on your flower but came back to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful orchids Dina! Glad I popped in for a closer look at your beautiful card or I would have missed your video. Love this die and can't wait to play now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely orchids , an a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orchids are beautiful - so realistic with the spray of yellow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete