Thursday, September 29, 2011

Impression Obsession DT Thursday

It's my turn to share a project for Impression Obsession's DT Thursday! On the weeks we don't have a challenge to share, the IO designers take turns sharing a personal project. We hope you're inspired!I have to compensate for missing the turn of the season by stamping, since there are no changing leaves in the Tropics! There are pumpkins, though... and though they're dark green, they still make a pretty decent pumpkin pie. This image is called Pumpkins, and in typical Gary Robertson style, the image provides lots of hints for coloring and shading. I watercolored the scene using Derwent watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. The pumpkin embellishment was in my Fall stash, and after several years of hording the silly little package, I decided to see if I could cut one in half. They're actually made of styrofoam, so that was easy to do. It's just glued on top of my bow.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Link

Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. I'm entering my card over at the Dolce Stamps and Cards site too - their Thursday Challenge is to make a card using Fall colors, and there's a bonus entry if you use Impression Obsession stamps! And....... I found another Fall themed challenge at Our Craft Lounge!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Dina! Thanks for playing in the Dolce Stamps and Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Dina this is amazing!! Your coloring always blows me away my dear!!

    We are so very honored to have you play along with us at the Dolce Stamps And Cards fall colors challenge.

    Hugs
    Heather

    P.S. To be eligible to win the $10.00 gift card, you'll want to make sure that you become a Dolce Cards blog follower! With a double entry for using an IO image, I wouldn't want you to miss out!

    More Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifl Dina..
    I love your card!!! It's a huge WOW!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dina! Your coloring always just blows me away! Glad you got brave and used the cute little pumpkin too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW at first I thought this was a computer generated photo, what a fabulous color job I am very envious of your talent. Thank you for joining us at Dolce Stamps and Cards Fall Challenge. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers Miss Dina! This is soo Beautiful! Love your wonderful image and your coloring is Just Fabulous as always! 8-) Fantastic textured BG too! So Pretty Pretty!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Dina, I love the concentration of colour and all the fab detail atop the white BG, it really shines!! Thanks for playing along in the Dolce Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful, thanks for playing along at Our Craft Lounge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Beautiful fall card Dini! I love it! So glad you joined us for the Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Dina!!! My first thought when I saw this was that it was a postcard cutout...I am floored by your creativity...This card, the coloring, all of it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really are the queen of using those Derwent color pencils!!! This is amazing ... love how the image just flows off the die cut!! I need some big images to try this with ... might need to go shopping ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy watercoloring myself! Thanks for lounging with us at Our Craft Lounge this week. I hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just tickled that you joined us at Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge with this fabulous fall card! Beautifully done! It was your art work that has inspired my addiction to IO stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where in the world have I been!? This is stunning!! Can you hear my sigh {insert sigh} I love fall, it's my very favorite time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete