Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Flower Soft Winter Wonderland Hop

The Flower Soft team is hopping today... today we're showing off the Charlie's Ark Creative Kits, with a Winter Wonderland theme! If you arrived here from Gini's blog, you're on the right track.

I'm the last stop on the hop today, so if you just happened to stop by, you may want to start from the Flower Soft Blog to make sure you don't miss a thing... because prizes are involved!! (While you're at the FS blog, leave me some love on my first post!)


Here's my card... I'm still not sure I love it as I'm not used to working with preprinted cards... but I do like paper tole, and the die cut images and sections made that super easy. I used the backing paper that comes in the kit, but sponged it heavily, and stamped around the edge with a crackle stamp from Impression Obsession. I sponged around some of the diecut edges, too, and deepened some shadows with a Prismacolor pencil. The sentiment is from one of the Charlie's Ark stamp sets.
Here's a close-up so you can see the dimension of the paper tole and also the tinsel on the tree - I wanted it to look like vintage tinsel, so I mixed Sand Ultrafine and Gold Flower Soft together. There is Polar White Flower Soft mixed with Sand Ultrafine on the top of the stocking as well.

If you'd like to join in on the challenge, pull out the Flower Soft ---------- we'd love to have you join us, and you might even win a prize! This week we’ll be giving away TWO prize packages! One prize package will be given away on the blog hop and another will be chosen among people who make a Winter Wonderland card using Flower Soft and post it in the Splitcoast Gallery using the keyword FSC14. Both prize winners will be chosen and announced on the Flower Soft blog on November 26th. The winner of the Splitcoast Gallery challenge will have their card featured on the Flower Soft Blog.

As you make your way through the hop remember to comment on each and every post! There will be a prize winner chosen randomly among the blogs. This is the prize package (one set for Splitcoast players and one set for the blog hop!) :

I'm glad you stopped by... hope you enjoyed the hop!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. very cute card-thanks millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dina, lovely card, he's so adorable in his pyamas. Love the crackle round the edges and the effect of mixing up two types of flower soft. Great job!! Greetings, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just beautiful! I love that image, and I just can't get over how simple it is to just pop 'em out and pop 'em up! The Flower Soft is perfect for the tinsel, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Dini! I love the soft color of ribbon you chose, and the way you mixed FS colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, I love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Dina! Love this image and you displayed it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the image and the big bow.

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet and inspiring card. Love the colors, details and your creative style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card. Like the tinsel on the tree and the trim on the stocking!
    Thanks for sharing!
    mylambboys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that flowersoft and your paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! Love these images! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get some of that flower soft. Love all of your ladies projects. Inpired me to try something new. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. I like the effect of the crackle stamp around the edges of your DP. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who wouldn't LOVE to receive this card? It's faboulous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card--I like how you mixed the flower soft to make the tinsel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is lovely. The gold flowersoft makes such a great tinsel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is beautiful. Love the image and your paper. The buttons look perfect!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is adorable!!! Love it! I love that you give step by step instructions, because I never would have figured out how to get the vintage tinsel. Enjoyed checking out your bog! Cheers, Mary

    ReplyDelete