Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flower Soft DT Challenge: Fall Colors

The Flower Soft team is hopping today... today's theme is Autumn colors! You'll want to start from the Flower Soft Blog to make sure you don't miss a thing...because prizes are involved!! If you arrived here from Vicki's blog, you're on the right track.

If you'd like to join in on the challenge, pull out the Flower Soft ---------- we'd love to have you join us, and you might even win a prize! Be sure to include code FSC07 if you post your creation to an online gallery. Here's my card:
You might notice some of the team members warming up their JustRite Stampers..... because Flower Soft will be sponsoring JustRite's next challenge! BTW, I found it immensely helpful to trim off the excess rubber, though it scared me a little to make the first cut. The border I used is from the Backyard Birds set - I stamped it once, rotated the image slightly, then stamped again, creating a wreath of leaves. I watercolored the image using Derwent watercolor pencils, then used a brown blowpen to cover up a fingerprint add interest and depth to the image. I used Flower Soft to create more dimension as well - the Fall Mix, Nut Brown, Ultrafine Toffee, and some Heather Mix which was dyed dark brown.

The sentiment is from the Christmas Nested Frames set, but I covered up the bottom part of the sentiment with masking tape before inking it up. (NOTE: remember to remove the masking tape before stamping!).

I heated the ribbon slightly to give it some twist and curl - a little tricky with this satin-edged organza since the organza part heats more quickly than the satin...so don't look too closely!
As you make your way through the hop make sure you comment on each and every post! There will be a prize winner chosen randomly among the blogs. This is the prize package (one set for Splitcoast players and one set for the blog hop!) :

Fun, huh? Those hedgies are so cute!

You'll be moving on to Linda Beeson's blog, PaperCutting Kind of Day, next. I'm glad you stopped by... enjoy the hop!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

P.S. I found a couple other challenges to add on! Our Daily Bread designs - leaves, and Stampin' for the Weekend - Autumn Inspiration.

26 comments:

  1. very nice thanks-can't wait to try floweer soft.millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, thanks for sharing. pammejo1@yahoo.com
    http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I have these blowpens somewhere and I don't think I ever used them! Got to get them out because this is really nice!
    Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card! I love the use of colors in this one and I really am loving Flower Soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous! I love that you used the stamp to create the wreath and all the layers are awesome. The crinkled ribbon is so delicate and aged looking so it goes perfectly with the style of your artwork!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the rich colors, and the perfect sprinkling of flower soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful--I like your mix of flower soft, the blow pen and the gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is stunning! Just love it!
    Thanks for joining SFTW
    Hugs Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy macaroni this is gorgeous! Love it and the Flower Soft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Dina! I love your strikethrough comment! Next time you should take a picture before and after so we can see! ;) This turned out absolutely gorgeous...aren't you clever to make a wreath and then recover from a stamping mishap! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Dina. I so love your wreathe and colors! Gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining the ODBD challenge!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dina, this is such a warm card!! I love that wreath and yummy ribbon!Thanks for aking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dina, this is lovely! I think your bow looks great- love how you manipulated the ribbon.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  14. I left you some love on SCS but I'll leave you some here to...GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card...great colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice way to mix up the flower soft. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card Dina! The bow is gorgeous!! I love the little touches of Flower Soft.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dina, this is gorgeous and very clever how you made the wreath! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. I love how the ribbon turned out. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your wreath card is so pretty! The Flower Soft adds a nice texture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another wow-zer from you!! Thanks fort he inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful project! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete