Friday, September 24, 2010

Halloween Candy Jars

I adore this Candy Jars image - it's just so fun to color and so fun to customize. Had to share this bit of genius - how to make the gumballs into eyeball candies! I used this set (Create-a-Cupcake) again - see those tiny circle stamps? Turns out they make great eyeballs too. Heh........ I stamped the second largest one in chalk ink (one is Tangerine, one is Lime Pastel), and then the smallest circle in Onyx Black, then did a little shading and highlighting with pencil. The highlights on the jars are done using acrylic paint.


This first card was one of the samples I sent for CHA - it has a button eyeball on it too! hee hee... The background uses the Large Paisley Cover-a-Card, and the sentiment can be found here.

The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils - these are the ones I used: I made a second card with the same idea, but a different color scheme... I used the CAC Bubbles stamp for the base layer, and the sentiment is here.
I used vintage seam binding and some black eyelash fiber, too. The coloring again is done with Prismacolor pencils:
Fun, huh?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! These are tremendous!!!! I have this stamp also! I LOVE that you made the gumballs into eyeballs! Fantastic. The coloring is OUTSTANDING!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chars, fantastic colours, I would start eating those lollies. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, bright, fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colored sticks look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH!!!!! Seriously LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete