Saturday, January 03, 2009

Day 3: Splashes of Color!

Today’s prize package comes from Firecracker Designs by Pamela! When I think of firecrackers, splashes of color in a dark night sky come to mind (reminds me of New Year's Eve here actually - we heard fireworks for at least 5 hours, nonstop!).

For this challenge, use any stamps you want to make a black & white card, with a splash of color.

Come back to this post and leave a link to your card creation in the comment section below. Your card and link must be posted by January 10th at midnight EST.

Prize: Our favorite entry will win the set pictured above! It's called Swan Song.
Bonus Prize: Head over to Firecracker Designs by Pamela and browse, browse, browse...come back and leave a comment here to tell us what your favorite set was. You'll be entered in drawing for a free 2"x3" set of your choice!

Since swans are pretty much...well...black and white with a splash of color, this was my obvious choice to work with...not to mention that this set is bea-u-ti-ful! I found a perfect photo to study for the coloring, and this is the card that resulted.
My scene is watercolored - I stamped the swan first, masked it, then stamped another image on a piece of fun foam and used that to stamp the reverse image below. The saying is from another recent FCD release, and reads, "Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." I cut the large oval with my Coluzzle template, and trimmed off the left side to make it fit. (Finished card is 4-1/4" by 6".)

post signature

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I just love your mirror image. here is a link to mine, but being new and seeing all these gorgeous cards, mine looks like a ragga muffin :).
    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/butterflys-006

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dina! That is beautiful!

    btw, I received the stamps in the mail that I bid on and won. Thank you!! I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you never fail to amaze me with what you can do!! I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dina - to be an artist like you! Ay yi yi!!! I have never had the occasion to purchase from Pamela (YET!), but the Gifts of Love set has been my favorite since it came out! Thanks for the chance, even though I can' participate in the challenge! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GASP!!!! Dina, your card is so wonderful!!!! Love all the shading and highlighting of color with just the splash of color!!!! Great water reflection image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my card for this challenge. I love doing black and white with a bit of color but never seem to actaully do it unless there is a challenge posted somewhere!!

    http://wiggysworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/01/dina-challenge-3-bee-treat.html

    Thanks for the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card with the reflection -

    Here's Mine

    And I looked all through the categories at Firecracker... so many great stamps. I really like the butter/dragonfly stamp.

    Thanks for the fun challenge!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful! The reflection makes it unique. Nicely done!
    Here's my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1182005?cat=500&ppuser=157092

    My favorite (next to buy) stamp set by Firecracker Designs is "Daddy's Hands".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is my card for challenge #3. This lighthouse is actually about an hour away from us.


    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/pict0143-1?context=user

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the set called Black eyed Susan--they are one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Dina,
    This is my card for this challenge: http://giovana-believe.blogspot.com/2009/01/mama-dinis-challenge-3.html

    Hope you like it.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I browsed and I really like the Tulips and Vase Set.

    Thanks again for your generosity.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  13. My entry http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1428601

    My favorite set is Hangin' Around Scarecrow.
    LOVE your card Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dina, your swan card is beautiful!
    Here's my entry for your challenge: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1186726?cat=4855

    Thanks for all the fun challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite Firecracker Designs stamp is Black Eyed Susan. I like both the flower images and the sentiment in that wondeful set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really enjoying these challenges. I usually stamp on a need-only basis but your "party" has got me inspired to play a little more (between switching loads of laundry)! :-)

    Again,here is my link: http://myotherblog2.blogspot.com/

    Picking a favourite from FCD was easy, since I've been browsing there recently! I really like the Fruit Cup set. In particular, that lemon saying. Not sure who I would send that greeting to, but it cracks me up!!!

    Thanks for the chance to play.
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was fun! I knew exactly what I wanted to do immediately! Here's my card: http://encouragingimpressions.blogspot.com/2009/01/dinis-birthday-challenge-3.html

    Honestly, Dini, without these challenges, I doubt I'd have started cardmaking yet ... I still have a full house of students, with more to come over the weekend... Thanks again for doing this!

    It was easy to choose my favorite stamp set: your set, So Far Away, is perfect ... our son is entering the Navy in March. :-)

    ReplyDelete