Saturday, February 17, 2007

smARTworks

I've been "busy" playing all day with the stamps I received from smARTworks...I've had fun, and I'm anxious to order more! Here's just a piece of the heart of the owner, Susan Trask: "I know the Master Creator on a personal level, and am a firm believer that He is the giver not only of the ability, but also the need to create...after all, we are made in His image." Wow...that gives stamping a whole new dimension, doesn't it?

These are the cards I've made with the stamps I have so far. I had a little too much caffeine too late last night so I stayed up and watercolored...! On the girl card...those flower in the corner of the image are the same ones stamped on the background panel - they are a part of the girl stamp but I cut them off so I could use them separately. They're also stamped along the bottom of the boy card, and on the background panel. The verse below the girl is a partial stamp (I inked it with a marker - I didn't cut that one up!) The scalloped border is several pieced scalloped square punches. Cut the oval with my coluzzle. On the boy card, I had some fun with faux stitching below the main panel. The little birdie is my very first ATC (2-1/2" x 3-1/2")! What a fun way to use up scraps. I added some toes so he could hold on to that r, poor thing, and he is colored with a gel pen.

SmARTworks doesn't have their catalog online, for this reason: "We only provide a "sampler" of smART images online because we believe a catalog is a prize possession -- something to be held, handled, dreamed over, savored, and looked through time and time again (much like the Sear's Christmas Wish Book of yesteryear). If you like what you see here, you're sure to enjoy our full-line paper catalog." OK, yeah, totally true. The catalog is well worth the $6 (that includes shipping!). It is full of individual stamps and sets, including lots of pressed flower and leaf stamps (gorgeous, take my word...) and other floral stamps, tons of great quotes and Bible verses, background/texture stamps, sets that are made with shrink art in mind, butterflies, photo and collage stamps, stamp sets sized for dominos.....they also carry "The Clear Thing" acrylic mounts that were originally sold at Prairie Stamper, and a bunch of alterable stuff. The stamps I got were great quality unmounted stamps, deep etched red rubber. Many of the stamps are sold in sets, and the prices are very reasonable. The catalog is full of color card samples (with 'recipes') and ideas. They have a quarterly card contest with good prizes too! (OK, what are you still doing here? Go check them out!)

2 comments:

  1. How neat - sounds like she has a real heart for the things of God!! That's someone I'd like to buy from.
    Gotta check out that website. Thanks for the heads-up & for the cute cards you've posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you're REALLY not helping my plans to stop buying stuff until I get my craft space better organized...

    Seriously, though, lovely cards! And it does sound like a really neat company, too.

    ReplyDelete