Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Printed Digi - Epson Sure Color P600

I'm back with another project that began on an Epson SureColor P600 – it handles many different media types, thicknesses and paper sizes, and this piece was printed on watercolor paper. The ink is waterproof, so I had some fun with Brusho, and quite a bit of water. 


Lori enlarged the Everything's Rosy digital stamp from Power Poppy and printed it twice for me - I used greys and a coral red to color the top image, and a more triadic color set to color the second image. Both images yielded 2 cards each! I love these images in a larger scale.


I wanted to keep the cards cohesive by using a common background paper, so I chose this vintage text background. The small sentiments are from various other Power Poppy sets. I have a bolt of this trim, so I added a few snips in this set.  I used a pretty liberal amount of water on my first application of Brusho, then let that dry and painted in details in deeper shades.


For the more colorful image, I used a grid die to cut one portion into squares. This coloring is done with Brusho and some other mediums (which I should have written down... I don't remember any more what they were! Looks like more activated Brusho and some pencils?)



I thought about making a bookmark out of the leftover portion, but it worked so nicely on this smaller card size, it ended up there. The card above is 5" square, which leaves room for a 3.5" x 5.5" card - that's a great little size for thank you notes, and I always need those!


I hope you'll take a peek at the printer review tomorrow - I'll link it up tomorrow when I tell you about this week's SCS tutorial. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, beautiful coloring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work!!!Love your coloring!!!AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent results using your Brusho!!!! Soooo artistic!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it, Dina! I have this digi stamp (as yet unused), and now I'm going to feel like there is nothing I can do to top these GORGEOUS cards! I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 which also allows me to print and color, as long as I don't oversaturate the paper with water or colorless blender. Epsons are really my favorite printers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be back! I want a new printer so badly but have no idea what to get. I can't use mine for stamping.

    Gorgeous samples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards. Fantastic printer but way out of my price range. One can wish I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards and amazing printer to be able to take some of the different media types! Thanks for sharing your experience, and I keep eyeing the most beautiful things with Brushos, Dylusions, etc. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete