Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mix-Ability Challenge: Magazine masks

For this week's Mix-Ability challenge, Lydia Fiedler asked us to cut a mask from a magazine photo. I found this sassy model in Real Simple....


... and used her as a mask on my Gelli Plate! I have a file folder of backgrounds to use up, so I rolled paint onto the plate, laid down the mask, and printed over backgrounds from my file. I love her confident pose - all 3 of these cards are going in my Hope You Can Cling To box, and I may be able to squeeze in a few more... The magazine paper is starting to tear a little after 3 prints, so I'll trace her onto a stencil sheet to make her last.

This my favorite of the 3 cards I made - the letters and hearts are die cut, and the hearts are velvet paper.


The second card was already pink, and I overprinted with white paint... the die is a new one from Impression Obsession that I designed.


An aside... I really wanted sequins on my card, but you would not believe the state of my desk when Hope You Can Cling To is on... I could not find them. Can you??



One final one, just to see how black would look. That die is inlaid (tutorial coming next week!) and cut from velvet paper as well... reminds me of a Maya Angelou quote about women being tough and tender.


Here's my card trio!


Join us!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. WOW! I am speechless at your inventiveness. These are amazing and so totally unique. One thing is for sure I'm definitely going to buy a gelli plate as soon as finances allow. Thank you. I'm afraid I can't see your sequins, but if you do find them they'll look great on any of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen Esposito10/11/2014 7:17 PM

    I'm so glad I found your blog. You are such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen Esposito10/11/2014 7:19 PM

    I found your blog by accident, but I sure am glad I did

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS Dina...would NEVER have thought to use a magazine mask for use with my Gelli Plate - GREAT IDEA!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea Dina, would never come up with that! Thanks for your inspiration and have a lovely Sunday! Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this idea! Your examples are stunning, as always! And I feel so much better seeing your work space looks a lot like mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely trio. Thanks for your ideas and inspiration. What a wonderful way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Dina! Love what you are doing with your gelli plate - isn't it fun?!?! I'm hooked on mine too. Delicious backgrounds!

    Take care Sister and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so clever! I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them! This was such a fun idea for a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great idea using magazine photos as a mask with the gelli plate. Just have to try this as soon as I buy a new ream of cardstock at walmart!

    ReplyDelete