Saturday, November 28, 2015

Mix-Ability - Get Well Soon postcard drive

This week's Mix-Ability challenge is a postcard drive for one of our Internet Brands managers that is recovering from a bad kitchen accident. There was a secondary challenge to use a city theme... I missed that memo and went with a pretty floral matboard postcard instead.


I started with a lilac stamp set by Sheena Douglass from her Paint Fusion line... it looks like that line of stamps is still available from the UK. I sprinkled and spritzed some Colorburst and let it spread, then blotted with a paper towel. The leaves were painted with acrylic paint, and then I used the Colorburst again and diluted acrylic paint to shade the flowers.


I added some stamping to the background, a little more Colorburst (sprinkled and stamped), and embossed the sentiment over it all, using the MISTI for placement.


I hope you'll play along with us this week, and bring some joy to Alison's mailbox! You can find the challenge details HERE.


Thanks for your thoughts and prayers while I was in Idaho! My appointments went very well - that was the easy part... next comes a 7 week detox, even-cleaner-than-before diet, and supplements to rebuild my organs and other systems that have been depleted by Lyme disease, co-infections, and adrenal fatigue.

 Woo hoo!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dina! Hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful .... and sure to encourage Alison as she recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on the right track to better health. Love the colors on the postcard. Really pretty. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for healing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What supplements are you using? I'd love to chat with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card, Dina. Your colours are so rich and the design is lovely.
    Sounds like you have quite the detox assignment. I am sure it will be a challenge. I hope you see results swiftly.
    I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete