Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Splitcoast Tutorial - Faux Tin Tiles

It's my turn to provide a tutorial over on Splitcoast - this week's tutorial is on making Faux Tin Tiles - these are great for adding a vintage look to a card front or an altered project, and you can make them with supplies you already have at home!

I used a larger tile for a vintage sewing-themed card - the dress form is from My Favorite Things and the sentiment I used is from an unmounted House Mouse set.


With some smaller tiles, I altered a wooden picture frame that I had purchased at Goodwill - I'm always looking out for alterables there.


The smaller tiles are fun to work with, and can be embossed a few at a time. So fun!


Hope you'll try this technique out!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the faux tin tiles you've done :) especially the idea of the frame--awesome look. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool, they all look great!!

    ReplyDelete