Monday, February 09, 2015

Tropical getaway...? Hmm.

I made this card to go along with last week's inlaid glitter tutorial, but I decided not to include it after all, since it didn't involve glitter or adhesive. I did use the same technique to 'embed' the die cut outline in an Inchie Arts ATC, but watercolored the image instead.


 It's not a perfect card or my favorite (not loving the wide border around the outline there...), but it fits my sentiments today - my mind is on our faraway home, where we'll be traveling this week... to pack up our belongings and ship them back to the States. Our plan is to remain in ministry, but in a place where we're able to better manage our health issues. (By the way - I don't share much about our family ministry here but we do send out a monthly ministry newsletter - if you'd be interested in receiving it and knowing more, please send me an email and I'll be happy to add you to our list!)


 This is going to be a hard trip on several levels - so I need this reminder to relax and "enjoy"...! to savor moments and memories, and finish well. I'm scheduling blog posts and tutorials as I can before we go - so you might not have noticed I was away! But I wanted to share - the creative community has been such a source of support over this last year of changes in our family, and I appreciate your words of strength and encouragement so much.

Have a wonderful week! xo
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Love this card. I am someone that like the "different" and "unusual" in life. Your perspective and creative eye are special in that way. Excellent card. Have a safe trip home and God Bless. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with this card Dina,
    it' very nice. I like the background and the little charm.
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and prayers for a safe trip! Your card is welcome to see now while the weather is cold and rainy...snowy in some places too! Thanks for sharing Dina!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Dina...especially nice to see when we are so wet and cold here in the NW...snowy for others! Reminds that there are tropical places too...LOL!
    Hugs and prayers for a safe journey,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the inlaid technique. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is an inspiration! God bless you as you make these changes in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this technique where you embed the die cut as an outline. Are we calling it embed embossing or inlaid embossing? I need to search your blog for it.

    Coming back to the US? Yay! Come and visit me in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dina, is it all in the layering sandwich for the inlaid die technique?

    Blessings for a safe journey!
    kReN

    ReplyDelete