Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mix-Ability Challenge: Holiday Tree Selfie

To count down to Christmas, Lisa from Inchie Arts invited a few designers to contribute to her Twelve Trees of Christmas blog series... I've been wanting to use this Pooh stamp so I watercolored it earlier in the week on a white matboard ATC.


This week's Mix-Ability challenge is to use an image that represents you at Christmas, and I thought this would be a perfect fit. I adore Winnie the Pooh, and this year treated myself to some hard-to-find ornaments to decorate my own tiny Pooh tree. I love the teamwork going on in this image too - so very sweet.


The image is painted with QoR watercolors and a tiny nail art brush. I mounted the ATC on a 4" canvas panel that I had kept near my Gelli Plate while printing - here's another one from the same series. I love these little canvases and they're super cheap to buy in bulk. I sealed the ATC with a spray fixative and then with a coating of MicroGlaze.


One more little detail... I inherited some earrings from my Granny that are beautiful, but I can't wear them because of an allergy. I saved out some focal ones that I thought would make nice additions to my mixed media projects - I used one of those in the side decoration with the florals. I love that! There are a few little snips of burlap ribbon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store in there too. This one's for me.


Here are a few pictures of my little Pooh tree - it's actually a rosemary tree that my husband picked out - so fun!




Have a wonderful weekend! Christmas is coming!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I can tell there's a warm fire just off to the left out of view. QoR products look very interesting. I love your rosemary tree - i have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this beautifully warm and sweet image and the way you embellished this card is gorgeous. Your grandma's earing looks simply stunning adorning this card.
    Have a wonderful Christmas Dina, thank you for sharing your amazing talent and creativity with us, may 2015 bring you Joy, Health and Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina, this is just the most darling little canvas. And the tree...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card and I adore that Pooh image. Can you tell me who makes it? I've never seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete