Monday, September 08, 2014

More Clearly Ourselves

Here's another card I made for my Mix-Ability challenge to doodle with your non-dominant hand - I started off with a Sharpie in my right hand, and scratched out the basic flower petals and centers then watercolored some freehand blooms using Shinhan Premium Watercolors.


There are several layers of color, including some done with Distress Markers, acrylic paint, and an alcohol marker. I swiped a script stamp through my watercolor palette and stamped into the background as well.


Once I was done painting, I added more permanent marker lines with my right hand, and then added some clear glaze lines with my right hand as well - here's an angled shot so you can see them - they don't show up straight on.


This quote is one of my stamps from Impression Obsession called More Clearly Ourselves. Speaking of coming into our own... here are a couple of childhood pictures I found at my parents' house... seems my artist roots go deep! :)



Have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly Saveur9/09/2014 3:44 AM

    Gorgeous..love this technique..and again please ...would love to see a tutorial video how you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drop dead gorgeous Dina! I love this technique and will be giving it a try soon. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us and for the fabulous tutorials. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!Love your card!!!Love your picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to do a tutorial on this -- it is spectacular! Love the childhood photos!! That should be your signature on your blog it's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And your roots are showing Dina! This is just gorgeous! You have really inspired me to get back to what I have always loved. I have been doing more watercoloring and a couple of your mixed media challenges. I love all that sort of thing but just got out of doing any of it. So thanks for the inspiration and motivation to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful art work and precious pictures Dina!!!! Definitely an artist since birth!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning floral design in beautiful complimentary colours. Love your painting style! Wonderful photographs too.

    ReplyDelete