Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Splitcoast tutorial - Die Cut Swing Card

This week's tutorial is brilliantly done... Norma Lee is teaching us how to use regular shape or label dies to make swing cards. You can view the tutorial HERE.

As always when we feature a foldy project, I am eternally grateful for the people who figure them out and do them well... so I don't have to! I think my allergy to foldy projects is rooted in the fact that my right brain is very freeform and spontaneous and doesn't follow directions. That would possibly be the reason that it took me 8 tries to do Norma's card correctly! BUT after 5 hours and a feeling of complete despondence, I did come up with this for you... please use it, so that foldy projects will remember their place.


These are the measurements for a standard size card. I used double-sided cardstock instead of 2 layers of cardstock, so I could cut yet another corner. :)


Norma explained to me that she uses the outside lines as a guide for lining up her dies with the cutting plates, because the dies will cut just slightly beyond those lines.


These were my final 2 successful cards, which I was almost embarrassed to send after my hours-long toil. The stamps are from My Favorite Things.

 


Keep at it!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment