Friday, July 04, 2014

Mix-Ability - It's a Parade!

This week's Mix-Ability challenge is to create a 'parade' by repeating images across a project. I used a Batik Resist technique on a red painted background to line some red stars across a blue panel. These colors are not my usual palette, but I sure am happy to be in the States for this extended time, and I needed to show a little pride. YAY!


To create the Batik effect, I embossed the star designs (Grunge Star and Grunge Circle Star, from my dkdesigns line) with clear powder, and then brayered pearl blue paint over them. When the paint was dry, I used an iron to remove the embossing powder, putting the card between the pages of a phone book to absorb the powder when it melted. I will share a tutorial on this technique at the end of the month, with some fun variations as well!

I added Silver Inka Gold around the scored edges of the panel.  The sentiment is a new one from Impression Obsession - thought it was a great fit.  That gorgeous twine is from Two Berry Creative.

Here's a closer look at the stars:


At the top of the panel, I stenciled some dots using a stencil from Simon Says Stamp, and some pearl modeling paste. The star and button are die cut from foil-covered chipboard.


Happy Fourth!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great card and techniques, Dina. It really does look like Batik! Looking forward to the ironed embossing tute, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete