Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Splitcoast Tutorial: Checkerboard Flooring

This week's tutorial at Splitcoaststampers is a fun one from Irene Rhodes - she's sharing how she adds checkerboard flooring to her cards for a a realistic scene. I needed a couple of crafty thank you cards, so I printed two digital stamps and pulled out my markers - it's been a long time since I used them together!


 The image on this card is from Mo's Digital Pencil...it's called Jo Painting.


To add the floor I chose a point (I think it was the tip of her nose, actually ), and let all my floor lines radiate from there rather than measuring along the horizontal line. The sentiment is one of my designs at Impression Obsession.



This second image is from Saturated Canary (it's a newer one called A New Canvas). I used Irene's  instructions for wood flooring - love how that turned out!


 The wall art was 'painted' using ink from my markers and a waterbrush filled with rubbing alcohol.


My vanishing point was the bottom point of the heart on her sleeve. I used a lighter color (Sand) over the floor boards (Leather Brown) to add a little depth and grain to the wood.


These are the Touch Twin Markers I used - to save time I used the same colors on both cards, and added some shading with Polychromos Pencils.


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the flooring! And I love Mo's images, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a fabulous job you did with this technique...beautifully done cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. Excellent coloring on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work with the tutorials. The flooring looks so real. Lovely colouring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That floor technique rocks! Love your work Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina, what darling, well crafted and beautifully colored cards you've made. I just watched the tutorial yesterday and it's fun to see how you added the flooring around the digi images. So creative and love both these images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work!!! Love the flooring looks!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete