Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mix-Ability challenge - book page background


My card for this week's Mix-Ability challenge features an image from Rubbernecker Stamps, but the part that fits the challenge is the background! Anna's challenging us to use book pages or newsprint on our projects.



My focal piece is an ivory matboard ATC from Inchie Arts. I colored the image using Touch Twin Markers - I love the way these matboard pieces take alcohol ink! I 'watercolored' a portion of the background using a waterbrush filled with rubbing alcohol - I have an older video demo of that technique HERE... that video may just need an update soon! Deeper shadows were added using Prismacolor Pencils.



These are the Touch Twin Markers that I used:


 For the background, I started by adhering a book page to a piece of heavier cardstock using PVA glue. I added texture to the page by scraping household caulking through a stencil, and allowed it to dry completely. 


 The next layer of color was added using Gelatos – I scribbled 2 colors directly on the panel, then added a little bit of water and moved the color with my fingers. 


I rubbed white acrylic paint through a diecut stencil, then sprinkled some white and glittery embossing powder on the panel and heated it from the back side of the panel - love the sparkle and the randomness. There's some stenciled spray paint in there as well.


 Click here for more Inchie Arts products!
Hope you'll join us for this week's challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: