Thursday, February 13, 2014

Impression Obsession DT Thursday

Welcome to this week's DT Thursday, brought to you by Impression Obsession! I created this card for a challenge on Splitcoast a week or 2 ago - the challenge was to emboss an image in white on kraft paper, then color it using a waterbrush. I love this Dahlia image with all its petals and details - it really was fun to color.

I combined the challenge with an Inspiration challenge, and chose this photo of a lily as a jumping point.


I did some loose coloring to add in the highlights and shadows using Inktense Pencils, then blended with a waterbrush. When the coloring was dry, I deepened the shadows with a dry pencil.



For the background I did some color washes using a wide brush, then laid a white pencil on its side to go around the edges.


The water was embossed by hand, using a folder from Darice and a Scor-Tool. I ran a white dye inkpad over the raised areas to highlight them. The Peace stamp can be found HERE.


Thanks so much for visiting me today!
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful coloring! Makes me want to pull out my pencils...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Dina. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen L. said....

    Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Now I know for sure I want the Inktense
    pencils, was on the fence, but off now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely stunning!! Amazing how well the watercolor pencils work on the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make beautiful cards, but this one is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, such great dimension with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My jaw has fallen and it can't get up!! Wow! A stunning work pf art Dina!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my -- word! Look at the richness, the depth, the eye popping goodness of the colors! I was working with these pencils today for the first time and well, it's going to be a long road of practice! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! On my way to order those amazing pencils!

    ReplyDelete