Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mix-Ability - Christmas mini-canvas

This week's Mix-Ability challenge is to use stencils and modeling paste on our projects... I don't have modeling paste but I've had good results using household acrylic caulking. I decided to do a mini Christmas canvas - this is a 4" canvas panel from Blick - I love this little fun size! I bought the classroom economy pack - 24 little canvases for $3.00!? Amazing deal.


I started off with a blank canvas and used a stencil from the Crafter's Workshop to add my caulking in the corners - I used an old library card to scrape the caulking through the openings, and let it dry overnight.


After the caulking was dry, I added some gold acrylic paint, spritzed with water, spread it with my fingers, then daubed some of the paint off with a tissue. To highlight the raised areas, I used Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks.



The branches and ornament with its hanger were cut from book pages using Impression Obsession dies. The stamps I used are from I.O. too.


The whole canvas is covered with a couple of coats of matte varnish. On behalf of the Mix-Ability team I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas - we appreciate you!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! "Recapture the Wonder"....is this rub-ons, or also cut outs from a card or ....? These little beauties would make lovely gifts. Thanks for sharing, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so gorgeous! And for 3 dollars you are going to have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely STUNNING Dina!! You work magic with color and canvas!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love thie design and colors Dina! Thank you for sharing how you did it.

    Take care, STAY POSITIVE and Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, what a way to wake up in the morning to read your blog. How stunning. Now it's time to go grab another coffee and come back to stare some more. You seriously rock. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dina, this looks great! Love the Dimension and the vibrant colours! Have a great XMas! Edith

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely work of art. Love the brightness win the background and the ornament gets your attention. beautifully.

    ReplyDelete