Thursday, July 18, 2013

Impression Obsession DT Challenge: Pack Your Bags

The Impression Obsession team's challenge today is to create a card or project with a travel, vacation, or international theme.


For this mixed media piece, I started by painting a watercolor paper base with dye reinkers - I painted one loose square, dried it with my heat gun, then painted a second layer over that. I wanted to have some overlapping edges, just for interest. I masked the edges of the panel with masking tape before proceeding.


The next step was to stamp the Map CAC over the panel. When that was dry, I used a Donna Downey mask and spray painted from the lower right corner. I stamped the Airplane Collage over that paint, then shaded around the planes. You can see above how the spray paint resists waterbased color mediums - it wasn't a heavy coat, so the resist effect is more subtle, but it's kinda cool! I added some highlights to the airplanes with Polychromos pencils, and stamped the Discover stamp in the corner to finish the panel.


Stamps used:

Airplane Collage, CAC Map, CAC Beauty Text, Passport Collage, Discover


Be sure to check out these other designers' blogs for inspiration, and remember to join us next week as we share projects made with brand new stamps being released at the CHA show in Las Vegas!!

Daniela @ For the First Time
Dina @ Mama Dini's Stamperia --------- you're here
Ellen @ The Serendipitous Stamper
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio


Remember you can enter these challenges too, using your Impression Obsession stamps! See the I.O. blog for all the details - you might even win a $25 gift certificate!! We'd love to have you join us.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dina, love the water colour effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dina! That is one amazing masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background and it complements the Airplane Collage stamp very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!!! That is one of my go-to stamps for the guy!!

    ReplyDelete