Saturday, June 01, 2013

Clean and Simple Grunge

Just a couple of fun cards for the weekend - I'm having soooooo much fun playing with my new stamp release from Impression Obsession! Both of these backgrounds were built by layering stamps, using various Colorbox Chalk inks.

For the first card I used these stamps: Dot Border, Make it Happen, Sketchy Chevron Border, Splatter 1, Grunge Circles, Grunge Circle 1, Grunge Circle 2


It's a simple 2 layer card, and I inked the card base to match the chevrons.



The second card uses the same stamps, except for the sentiment (You Rock). I started by stenciling some letters - I picked up an alphabet stencil here for about 80 cents in the school supplies section... I love that the D and K are together one above the other - so fun for personalizing projects in a subtle way.


I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop to add the other chevrons and numbers - to create those I scraped household caulking through the openings. The other texture is added by tamping acrylic paint and inks through pieces of drywall mesh tape.



I'll have to work on a video for techniques for building backgrounds. These were so much fun to make.

Also want to remind you to take a peek at my For Sale Page  - I've updated it with unmounted lots, a few sets, supplies, and some handmade glass pendants - there's quite a wide variety, and the prices are low. Please email me if you see anything that interests you! There is a button below my header, all the way to the right.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You smart thing, DK! What an eighty cent find! Grungeeeee can be so comfortably easy some days. Other days it takes work to not look like a mistaken mess beyond grung. You do well with knowing sightfilled limitations...with some fun built in.
    Orchid! Gorgeous! What a delicate color. Looks mighty health for a month later. Must be all the humidity and lovin' care. Blest UR.
    Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyaho

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I began browsing your site, no comments here..but 165! on the previous! What a day of reading you must have enjoyed! Good go! Making a part of the OWH template your card design was a fun treat. Service men and women will be so thankful for your work. Yes, now that the government has approved looking in Google's messaging the past three months our conversations may be very full of ads to encourage good reading among security people. Keep Looking UP!
    mt23stamperatyahodotcom Blessings

    ReplyDelete