Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Inchie Arts with Jill - Inchies

It's Inchie day! It's always so much fun for me to do joint posts with other designers... art is filled with so many possibilities! Last time Jill and I did a series of joint posts, we used the same stamp images, but our interpretations were so different each time. With this showcase of Inchie Arts products, I hope you've seen just how versatile these matboard squares can be! I can't wait to start playing with the new larger sizes too! I think they're on their way...

If there is a store in your area that you think would be a good fit for Inchie Arts products, spread the word! Click here for information about Inchie Arts' rewards program.

Here's my project using Inchie Squares. Instead of making them focal, I created a border using 4 of the squares. I inked them up with Versamagic chalk ink first, stamped a text background stamp over them, then ran them through my Big Shot with the embossing plates, and this die from Impression Obsession:

Fancy Ornament Die Set

Here was the result... this works with embossing folders too - it's a really fun way to add texture to your project!
 

All the stamps I used are from Impression Obsession (Joy in the Journey, Riding Pretty clear set... the border dies and small flags are also from Impression Obsession (Border Duo 2, Flags); the clouds are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Fishtail Tag from My Favorite Things and the arch die is from Quickutz. I colored the image with Touch Twin Markers and watercolored the clouds with Shinhan Premium Watercolors.


These are the Touch Twin Markers that I used:


  Make sure to check out Jill's post for the day, and leave her some love - she is amazing!! Here's a tiny peek at her project:

Thanks for visiting us during these joint posts!! 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Dina it was fun seeing you use these tiles in so many different ways. Today's texture is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture! And what a great idea to use them as a border. Thanks so much for an awesome collaboration!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete