Thursday, June 02, 2011

Impression Obsession DT Challenge: Let's Hear it for the Boys!

The Impression Obsession team's challenge today is to create a masculine project, something a boy or man would be happy to receive. Well, what man doesn't love his morning coffee? I paper pieced the Coffee Aroma image (it is available in red rubber or as part of a fun clear set), adding some shading and highlights with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment is from another clear set called More Coffee.The background panel was embossed with a Fiskars texture plate, then sanded, and overstamped with the Wood Grain Cover-a-Card.

Be sure to check out these other designers' blogs for inspiration -

Daniela @ For the First Time
Deborah @ Cards and Things
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat
Julie @ Out to Impress
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal

Remember you can enter these challenges too, using your Impression Obsession stamps! See the I.O. blog for all the details - you might even win a $25 gift certificate!! We'd love to have you join us.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oy my gosh! Miss Dina, this is Fabulous! I love your paper piecing and all the Masculine details! Just Terrific!

    Hugs!
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I would not have guessed that you paper-pieced the stamp. It looks great, I love that you steam swirls sill have the lined paper in them. I also like the frayed cotton with the screw-top brad, and the word leaded. :) Also like the background. I guess I like the whole card design! Thank you for sharing!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete