Sunday, February 20, 2011

Enjoy.........

Thought it would be fun to play some challenges this weekend! It’s been a while since I pulled out a House Mouse stamp, and the challenge over at the HM Challenge blog was to use a favorite HM stamp. Easy enough! Before I purchased this stamp I vowed to only buy the original Stampa Rosa House Mouse stamps, but when I saw this one (which was released after the images were licensed by Stampabilities) I knew I had to have it. Besides, it’s called “We’re Mint Tea Be Together”…. How cute is that?

(BTW, speaking of House Mouse stamps that aren't from Stampa Rosa, Joanna Sheen has a new batch of unmounted stamps releasing this weekend. *sigh* So much for resolve.)
I took my coloring cues from 2 different challenges. Last week's Make It Colourful challenge was to focus on shadow and depth (I missed the deadline, but I really appreciate the nudge!), and the Colour Create Challenge’s color combo is Strawberry, Chocolate, and Cream. I used reinkers for my base coloring then layered over that with Inktense pencils, using the Bark pencil to really deepen the shadows. Added a little dimension to the tea tag, and used some Martha Stewart glitter on the sugar cubes. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession.

One more challenge, and that is from the Shabby Tea Room, to create a card with a "keep warm" theme.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful card i like the collers.
    Het is een prachtige kaart de kleuren zijn erg mooi.

    Groetjes Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Cute. The colors are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, and gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect image for the Tea Room challenge this week! Love that tea pot ... thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dena wowzer cute image no wonder you love it so much..
    stunning colouring & gorgeous colour combo ..thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends Monday chall.

    smiles Christine HM DT & girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! Love that cute image and your fantastic coloring of it! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card - adorable image and beautiful job coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe this is the cutest House Mouse stamp I've seen yet. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that pot with the mouse? Great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dina, you have colored up this little scene beautifully. Rich vibrant colors really show off those two cuties in the pot. Love the blush on their cheeks from the hot water!! Just stunning. Thanks for sharing your card with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. I have a lot of the Stampa Rosa stamps too.....but so glad they were picked up by another company when SR went out of business.

    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exquisite card. Please let us know your coloring technique, I'm very interested in your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dina, this is absolutely amazing. The colors are wonderful. The focal is so darn cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dina - You know I'm a huge fan. I love, love this card. So sweet. Your coloring is amazing. Anytime you get another urge to join a challenge, I hope you'll come visit us at Catered Crop. We'd love to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is incredible.. Your depth is amazing. Not only do I want to color like this but now I WANT this stamp too..:) I placed my order on Saturday.. Thank you so much for all your help. I can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAbulous - your colouring is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dina this is gorgeous, I love the rich colors and adorable HM. Thanks for playing in our House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your colouring is amazing!!! This is such a beautiful card and it is a perfect use of the challenge colours.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww...this color combo works perfectly with this fun HM image! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what fabulous colouring and shading, this is gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining the House Mouse favourite stamp challenge!
    Hugs
    Anne
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW- fantastic coloring, colors and details! BEAUTIFUL HM work!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete