Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Flower Soft DT Challenge: Silver & Gold

It's time for another Flower Soft Sprinkle Challenge! This week's theme is Gold/Silver (FSC11). I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it this week, but as it turns out, my long awaited package of new Flower Soft products arrived last night. So here I am!

The new Gold and Silver Flower Soft is super sparkly and dimensional - very fun stuff! I'm having sort of a weird and hormonal week so I had to work myself into a sparkly mood, but upon digging through my box of Christmas stamps, I found this stamp (Camel and King), and things came together rather quickly. This is a stamp from Bad Axe Trading Company, which is now carried by Stamping Sensations - part of a nativity set I picked up as a full sheet at a convention several years ago.

The image is watercolored using reinkers, Derwent watercolor pencils, and an Inktense pencil as well. I used some small gold rhinestones and gold Peel-Offs as embellishments too. There is also Ocean Ultrafine Flower Soft on the collar of the king's robe. The background ink is Adirondack Denim - its color components tend to separate when oversaturated with water, which I think is sort of cool. See those couple areas of purple?

I stamped the card base with a Cover-a-Card stamp from Impression Obsession, and edged the card with gold ink. The unruly tassel was made on my Bow-Easy.... still needs a little help!

We'd love to have you join us for the challenge over at SCS if you have some Flower Soft to play with! Up for grabs this week is 5 pots of Flower Soft, winner's choice - that is an awesome prize!! Be sure to take a peek at the other team members' blogs and see what inspiration you can find! Enjoy...........

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Well done! I love the new colors but was at a loss for knowing how to use them well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning. your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning stamp, so unusual, I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Beautiful Dina!! I really dig the way you mix inks and pencils for a lovely effect!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful cards.. very nice colors thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring always just blows me away. Total perfection with lots of WOW factor! :)

    ReplyDelete