Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Flower Soft DT Challenge: Celebrations

The Flower Soft team is having a blog hop today... today's theme is Celebrations! You'll want to start from the Flower Soft Blog to make sure you don't miss a thing... because prizes are involved!! If you arrived here from Gini's blog, you're on the right track.

If you'd like to join in on the challenge, pull out the Flower Soft ---------- we'd love to have you join us, and you might even win a prize! This week we’ll be giving away TWO prize packages! One prize package will be given away on the blog hop and another will be chosen among people who make a card using Flower Soft and post it in the Splitcoast Gallery using the keyword FSC12. Both prize winners will be chosen and announced on the Flower Soft blog on November 26th. The winner of the Splitcoast Gallery challenge will have their card featured on the Flower Soft Blog on November 26th!

Here's my card: You might notice that we're using stamps from JustRite Stampers today......that's because Flower Soft will be sponsoring JustRite's next challenge! I'll post a link to the new challenge on Friday. I used stamps from two different sets on this card: My Garden Borders and Centers and Wedding Nested Sentiments and Verses.

My layout was inspired by a similar scrapbook layout I saw on someone's Facebook feed, though theirs was 3 squares down and 2 across. Sorry, though, that I don't have a source for the sketch. The Inchie Squares (Inchie Arts) are stamped and embossed... in general I hate embossing, but the beauty of embossing on Inchie Squares is that the matboard doesn't warp, which is one of my usual problems. This embossing powder is a special blend created a few years ago by my youngest son who decided to dump out all my powders while I wasn't looking.....! Sort of goldish, silverish, with some spots of verdigris. Interesting! I stamped the Sweet Pea image on 7 Inchie Squares, embossed, then painted the leaves and stems with Niji Pearlescent Watercolors. I used Gold Flower Soft for embellishment.

As you make your way through the hop remember to comment on each and every post! There will be a prize winner chosen randomly among the blogs. This is the prize package (one set for Splitcoast players and one set for the blog hop!) :
You'll be moving on to Deb Felts' blog, With a Stamp and a Song, next. I'm glad you stopped by... enjoy the hop!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Dina! This is wonderful. Such an inspired way to use those stamps! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love all the flower soft on the squares, they just jump off of the card base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dina, what an elegant card you made. The combination of embossing with the Flower Soft is stunning.
    Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is such a pretty card and great use of the flowersoft too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique and interesting layout Dina! So elegant and pretty. Nice work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Simple and elegant - great way to use the Inchie Squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderfully clever layout of those squares! This turned out so elegant with a neat use of the stamps and the Flower Soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant card! I like your "recipe" for embossing powder!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dina this is so elegant! I love the embossing and the way you laid out the inchies. I may have to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word lady, this is beautiful!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dina, your card is lovely! Just so elegant and classic!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous layout! I love the use of matboard, really adds to the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some of those inchie things, but haven't used them yet. What a fabulous idea! Love they colors, the layout. It's perfect for a special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Dina! Love this inchies layout, and your special blend of EP! Makes it more sentimental! ;) So elegant and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS! Love how you separated that image into inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that rich gold on white. Just gorgeous.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this over at All in an Inch and just had to come and see the whole beautiful creation. This truly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete