Thursday, May 21, 2009

Impression Obsession DT challenge - Summer cards!

I think I live in perpetual summer weather...but I'm sure ready for the perks of summer! We have been running, it feels like, since the beginning of March - preparing to teach a health class to our students, my 7YO's emergency appendectomy on a scheduled visa run away from home, teaching the health class then running home to teach my own kids each day, then preparing for the upcoming graduation of 2 of our student families (by Saturday I have 3 songs to learn and a bunch more to practice, as I'm half of the music team!), speaking at a ladies' meeting at a church in town next week, then the following week a regional conference hosted at our campus...this week DH and I have been dealing with intestinal parasites and my house helper unexpectedly had to go home yesterday because her Mom is sick (still not sure if that is really the case, or if it was a way to 'escape' and save face)!

Flip flops are a staple of life in this part of the world, and I love this set from Impression Obsession ...so fun and versatile. It made for an easy 'quick card' here:

The full sentiment says, "I'd flip out without you". Cardstock is Basic Grey, the flower is a punch, and the leaf is a foam sticker from the kids' stash (shhh!). The rest of the team has some summer goodness to share:

Daniela @ For the First Time
Deborah @ Cards and Things
Jeanne (our guest) @ Inky Paws
Julie @ Out to Impress
Kelli @ I Made This Myself!
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Shirley @ the I.O. Blog
Tina @ stamp it chick (she still has that I.O. gift certificate up for grabs...!)

post signature

10 comments:

  1. This is just toooooo cute for words! Way to tap into your kiddos stash for a pop of color. Grab what you can -- that's what I say! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Love the bright colors and the great flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara's Laugh Lines5/22/2009 9:17 AM

    Dina, you are always such a blessing to the on-line world. Sometimes I think it gets forgotten just how much you do for those close at hand. I pray God will heal you and strengthen you for your daily tasks.

    ~*Blessings to you!*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! love those flip flops!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart girl. I am so sorry to hear about those intestinal parasites. I will pray for your healing. I have colitis so I'm all about feeling your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love your color choices and sentiment to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am tired reading all that is going on. I will pray you have strength to continue in the wonderful activities you have going on. I love the bright colors of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is totally cute! Don't know how you keep on creating, when you don't feel so great! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your blog! Wow... I was tired after reading your posting! Hope you are feeling better!
    These flip flops are totally great! Anyone would "flip" to get this in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun and bright. Love the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete