Thursday, February 19, 2009

Impression Obsession challenge - pink/orange

Not sure where this bold card came from...I think it stemmed from a discussion we had as a design team regarding this image...I swear when I first saw it the only thing that came to mind was...watermelon! We often get fresh fruit juices here, and watermelon is one of my favorites, served with a little watermelon wedge on the edge of the glass...then I saw Julie's lemonade card and it really sent me reeling...lemons?! huh??! Then of course I got to thinking...I really never have seen watermelons that small...duh...and with sections...but I still love the idea of them. Anyway, just to prove that they could be something other than lemons because Julie was sooooo adamant...(heh heh), I colored them as oranges, and then watermelons just for fun. All my coloring is done with Prismacolor pencils, blended with each other, no OMS this time. I added a few shadows with a Prismacolor marker. There are mini rhinestones in among the leaves on this card - and this sentiment from Yvonne Albritton Designs inside:

Be sure to visit the rest of the team as they post their pink and orange cards throughout the day...!

Julie @ Out to Impress
Daniela @ For the First Time
Deborah @ Cards and Things
Kelli @ I Made This Myself!
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Michelle @ Twisted Chick Creations
Tina @ stamp it chick

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your cards are just gorgeous!!!! I love this stamp and need to find it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-OH-OH! Positively SPECTACULAR Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, too funny! love 'em both dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Ok.... I get it lady!!! LOL! Your cards are darlin'. They look yummy in fact -- doesn't matter if they are oranges or watermelons or LEMONS! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards - the vibrant colors are just fantastic and the way you colored the images look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning coloring! I love that you showed the versatility of the stamp. My first thought when I saw the stamp was watermelons too. Did you see my watermelon card?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabulous!! Love the watermelon wedges! These bright colors are the hardest for me to work with - but you always make them look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of them! The colors are so vibrant and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete