Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ahhh.....

I have created!


It's been quite a week! I've needed some 'me' time for quite a while, and tonight...finally. Quiet house, movie on for the kids, and me, quiet thoughts, paper, rubber...yay. I can breathe again.

All stamps are by smARTworks - I've had this set for almost 2 months and this was the first chance I've had to use it. I love how the stamps in this set can be used together or separately - thought I'd create a little card combo to try both ways.

Both cards are painted using Twinkling H2Os and shaded with Derwent watercolor pencils. The crosshatch background paper was some that I designed a while ago on the computer using a photo of a pansy. How cool is that?!

On the first card I cut around portions of the images (the bfly wings, a few petals, and 1 leaf) with a craft knife and put mounting tape behind them for a 3-d effect. The purple panel behind the painted layer I made using the same purple paint for the smackin' acetate technique. I cut the ovals with my Coluzzle.

The second card is pretty straightforward. I found it interesting how the purple paint pigments started to separate - I'm sure there's a technical term for it, but I don't know what it is. There are blues and pinks in there that separated from the purple. I put rock salt on the painted panel as it dried - not sure how well the effect shows. I added some white highlights to the flower center - that's acrylic paint applied with the small end of my embossing stylus. While I had the white paint and stylus out...I painted flowers on my nails just for fun...!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Dina!!! I appreciate all you share. I have learned so much from you. I'm glad you're finally getting some "you" time. I'm praying for Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are really gorgeous! I love the shades of the purples you were able to bring out in the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dina! Your talent astounds me every time! Thank you for bringing the smART rubber to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both very pretty, Dina! Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop it!! WOW! These are just blow-me-away gorgeous with your awesome coloring skills! I just adore these both!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I wanted to say that I find purple does that separating thingy when I use it too. I always notice that more with it then any other color. Things that make you go hmmmmm...:)
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete