Sunday, February 11, 2007

I need tea....

I haven't stamped for a few days...I'm a bit in a funk besides not feeling so well, and that is probably a good thing to get my perspective back in the right place. I have other things I need to be working on, but I'm getting sidetracked by other stuff. So...here is an older card...I don't remember posting it here before... I was reminded of it yesterday, looking at someone's blog who is having a black/white card contest which I can't enter because I'm a paid designer. Anyway, here it is. I love color and I don't usually do black and white cards, so this was a stretch for me. The main image is from www.myheartstamps4u.com and the paisley background stamp is from www.cornishheritagefarms.com. I found that ribbon in Java and bought the whole roll! I love it, though it ends up too wide for most cards. The image is shaded using a Dove blender pen. I sponged the edge of the card base too. I used my coluzzle to cut out the teaset image and black layer, and to do the arch on the card. It's not as hard as it looks...take your 1/2 sheet of cardstock and mark it at 4-1/4" and where you want your card to fold, then put the top of the oval you want at the mark and cut down evenly on either side. Sorry if that doesn't make ANY sense at all....here's a simpler brown version of the card, using all MHS4U stamps.

2 comments:

  1. I need this card! Actually, I am working on a tea themed card right now that says "Friendship begins with a cup of kindness"
    I love the brown version too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, My - I love, love, love this card! Must try it! Such a neat idea - the curve at the top really sets it off so well. Thanks for such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete